At the beginning of this wonderful year 2016, I started journaling again. I have been keeping a diary or some kind of planner all my life but there was an unfortunate turning point as we were about to step in a new year 2014. I have not picked up my pen until December last year when I was busy planning everything to have a lovely merry Christmas. I started with to-do list only and before I knew it, I was back on my dailies! In two years, I didn’t fully realise how much I’ve missed journaling and as soon as 1st of January arrived, I started a new proper journal.
In the last 8 months, I was experimenting a lot and ended up with 5 notebooks and 2 planners altogether. Mind that I didn’t use them all at the same time. Well, nearly.
- Filofax Metropol A4 in black colour – I got this one for organising my photography and dog walking business. I keep my price list here, clients’ log, costs breakdown, income etc. This planner is not used on daily basis and since I dropped dog walking, I barely use it.
- Filofax Malden personal – LOVE this planner and use it for personal planning, appointments, my dogs’ check-ups, accounting, finances, goals etc. Currently sits on my desk only.
FREE FILOFAX PRINTABLES on Philofaxy.
- Leuchtturm 1917 dotted A5 (medium) in lemon colour – this is my self-development book that I use for any improvement projects, ideas, statements etc.
- Leuchtturm 1917 dotted A6 (pocket) in berry colour – for taking notes of podcasts, books etc.
- Eccolo World Traveler – used as my daily journal. I loved writing in it because of its cream paper and nice leather feel on the outside but it was way too big to carry around. So I transferred myself to a smaller Leuchtturm.
- Leuchtturm 1917 blank A5 in turquoise colour – a daily journal. You might ask why I chose blank paper. Well, I didn’t. It was getting rather warm in May and I wanted a cheerful summery colour for my next journal. Turquoise seemed to be the perfect choice! But here in UK, there was only one option available to buy and that was the blank one (it is September now and they still haven’t got the dotted one available). I am not going to tip-toe around it – after three months of chasing the liner around I’ve had enough and got a brand new dotted notebook. Nevertheless, I still tend to use this one up and will practise my drawing/painting in it.
- Leuchtturm 1917 dotted A5 in red colour – this is THE ONE! My current journal which I am also trying to use as a planner so I don’t have to carry around my Malden anymore.
In reality, I use two notebooks every day now → the self-development book where I fill in my gratitude and track goals, and my current red journal that I adore!
So, what didn’t work?
Unfortunately, my Eccolo because of its size.
Blank notebooks are not for me if I want to use it for journaling.
What did work?
Dotted Leuchtturm A5 is simply perfect! It has three index pages plus 249 numbered pages all the way to the end. It fits in every handbag I own, is small enough to keep on my bedside table and I love its slightly cream coloured pages. Also, it will last forever because of its hardback cover. I cannot recommend this notebook highly enough!
I am very happy and cannot wait to show you how this month went in October!
What and how many notebooks have you used yourself to find out which one suit you best? I am curious to see your favourite supplies – let’s chat below!