There is something adventurous about writing the very first lines of your letter to a new friend. It is exciting indeed! It is no wonder that sometimes, we get so excited that when the time comes and we sit down to write that first letter, suddenly, we find ourselves being stuck because we don’t know how to start.
Are you ready? Let’s do this!
You have your writing paper, a pen and maybe a cup of tea, now what…? The main thing to keep in mind is that you are writing to a person who will more than likely become your new friend, therefore, you want to share a bit about yourself.
First letter introduction:
- Start with your name and age.
- Occupation or school information. It is interesting to know what the other person does!
- Current place where you live. You can also share where you were born and where you lived over the years.
- Introduce other members of your household – partner, parents, pets, children. This is to say who you are living with and you don’t need to share any of their details if you don’t want to.
- What do you enjoy doing? There is a very big chance that you will have a lot in common and share some of those hobbies with your new friend! Don’t be afraid to tell her/him what you like and why.
- Your own address to receive a response.
These details will give your friend a general picture of who you are as a person.
- Write the recipient’s address in the middle/right of the front smooth side of the envelope
- Return address (yours) can be in the top left corner at the front or at the back of the envelope
- Don’t write over the stamp
Congratulations! You have just written your first letter! Don’t forget to post it and look forward to a response 😉